Food shortage again?

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I struggled to get hold of coconut milk late last week, but managed to get some Monday.
Phew.
I had ordered mango pulp (Kesar) but had left it open for substitution in case they had another variety.....Two tins of coconut milk arrived instead :rolleyes: :

In what way is coconut like sweet fruit :dunno:
Besides, I loathe coconut. I bake with it for others, but if it was all there was to eat, I'd rather go hungry.

Last edited:

Broch

Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
Mushy peas are also a very versatile tinned veg - just treat them as a dahl. Chopped fried onion, spices to your taste and add the dahl, sorry, peas. There are loads of dahl recipes you can try them with.

No shortages here yet though we have been making an effort recently to eat 'in season' veg to reduce our contribution to food-miles.

Reactions: Toddy

Broch

Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
I had ordered mango pulp (Kesar) but had left it open for substitution in case they had another variety.....Two tins of coconut milk arrived instead :roll:

Besides, I loathe coconut. I bake with it for others, but if it was all there was to eat, I'd rather go hungry.

We had one delivery that substituted ground coffee with whole bean coffee - maybe a sensible substitution but I don't have a grinder :(

MrEd

Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
I had ordered mango pulp (Kesar) but had left it open for substitution in case they had another variety.....Two tins of coconut milk arrived instead :rolleyes: :

i quite like using it (the light version) in curry dishes - red lentil curry, that sort of thing, i dont use it for anything else lol and i dont like actual coconut flesh, or bounty bars

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES

The price is £27 and you can pay via the paypal button below.