folding knives web site

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
For the last 18 or so months I have been working with Grace Horne (from British Blades) and various Sheffield knife makers studying how folding knives are made and now we have a folding knives web site which some of you might be interested in.

I'll be honest and say its main purpose is to promote my research work - my contract ends in three months time and I need to find some new funding! However, down the bottom of the menu you'll find the knife design section which will show you how to design a folding knife from first principles and it has plenty of help to sort out folding knife problems.

Several folk on here helped by being learners for us and Grace and I would like to say a huge thank you; for letting us come and film you, for sending us photos, for making knives ... it wouldn't have been possible without you!

Nicola

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
A very informative site. I hope you get the new funding.
As my work as a carpenter and joiner also entails teaching apprentices of various ages and skill levels, the value of tacit learning is not lost on me, it is after all the most important means by which I was taught. Seeing a process or technique performed saves both time and confusion, one would have to be a genius with words to describe the construction of a dovetailed box without reference to diagrams but the said genius would probably not have ever made one. Not being a wordsmith I will stop now before i get confused! Best regards, Fraxinus.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE