Folding canoes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I find quite a few car parks have barriers that prevent me getting in with kayaks on the roof of the discovery - or in many cases just the disco and roof rack is too tall! Seems to be some sort of anti traveller measure.

Dave

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
hey, there. i've just picked up a pakboat puffin 12 kayak and am chuffed to nuts with it. its small, weights under 10kg, handles amazingly well on the water even in a headwind. the stability has impressed me, i'm able to stand up on the water, unlike the solid one i used last year! its simplicity its self to put up and down (30 min in total 1st time) and packs to a handy size.

it has a one pice splash deck if you prefer a kyak, but i use mine open unless the water's looking bad and single paddle.

its has a 130kg payload and room in front for my 35L daysack and @ a 50L bag behing the (comfy but not that supportive to the lower back) seat.

all in all the best 850 euros (in germany at the moment) i've spent, possibly full stop.

anyway, i've got a 10day trip up past berlin in 2 weeks and possibly a couple of weeks in norway in july/august so i will keep u's posted.

go check them out at http://www.pakboats.com

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
the skin on the bottom feels tough enough to deal with the majority of scrapes, razor sharp rocks mid white water could be a problem, only could mind.

would have pics but missy mycelium didnt format the SD card before we went out :( !!!!!!!! still, we live and learn, lol.

yarrow has a 15 1/2 ft ally tramp if u's want to ask any questions, pool hardy (dont ask about the name) had also just got a puffin 12 aswell so any questions etc i'm sure the guys will be more than happy to answer, as am i.

anyway, just had a day on the water and am still chuffed to nuts, its critical that the seat in fastened securley as its kind of essential for regidity - i didnt and the main center cross beams popped out 1/2 way across the lake :eek: ! still floated, but was bloody hard work.

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
Puffin folders are available from Germany via ebay.

item number 4549887034
kayak
euro 900 10.90 euro postage to UK

item number 4549886997
canadian
euro 700 FREE postage to UK

The seller has a 100% feedback rating and a score of 2880

I dont know why I'm telling you lot this 'cause I cant afford one!

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
JimH is the man to ask.

jimh.jpg

folding1.jpg

folding2.jpg

folding3.jpg

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
Topcat02 said:
Now that is one item we could do with a passaround on. :D

Postage may be a trifle dear, and there's the small matter of disposing of my dead body :p

Supposed to be meeting Wayland up at Windermere sometime this w/e for a play...

Jim.

JimH said:
Postage may be a trifle dear, and there's the small matter of disposing of my dead body :p

Supposed to be meeting Wayland up at Windermere sometime this w/e for a play...

Jim.
Disposing of the dead body's the easy bit, just make sure it's well wrapped and send it to yourself by parcel farce, you'd never see it again :D

EDIT - I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of that completely packed away to get an idea of the packed size.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
It may be worth looking on ebay and a few Australian and New Zeland camping sites. When I was out there a couple of years ago I saw many in the shops and they wernt that expensive, P&P back here would proberbly only be about £40 aswell

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE