Flint knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I only had an hours work today...and it rained..and I had some flint flakes to hand...
Flint blade, glued into an Ash handle and bound with rawhide.
The rawhide is not yet dry but I have already used the wicked sharp tool to slice the veg for dinner...
No beauty queen but a real user!

SAK for scale

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
kool beanz john...dont suppose youll be doing any knapping at the moot at all? had a beer with Sir Will Lord at the wild food and chilli fair a coupla weeks ago and its really kicked off my interest in learning a bit...

s

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
kool beanz john...dont suppose youll be doing any knapping at the moot at all? had a beer with Sir Will Lord at the wild food and chilli fair a coupla weeks ago and its really kicked off my interest in learning a bit...

s

No way am I good enough to even think of trying to show others how to knap!:yikes:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
That's a sweet looking wee knife Mr. Fenna.
I really must give knapping a proper go again sometime.
Cheers for the inspirarion.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Nice little knife John. did you make your own glue?

Also like Angst I have got into knapping after meeting Will Lord at the chilli fair, I am guessing his enthusiasm rubs off on people lol.

Here are a couple of my attemps of making arrow heads.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Got to say I find it really addictive and much better than caving a spoon around the camp fire.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 54

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE