flecktarn parka

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Hey Mal, Yer, I've got one that's all done up with hessian as a ghilli suit....not that I snipe much now!!! :eek:): I'm planning to use it for stalking when I finally get my butt in gear and do it...

I'll have a look at it this evening and let you know what mines got with it.....I haven't used it since I came out of the TA a few years back.

They are tops cammo though and I think a better pattern than the UK DPM and it has stood up to lots of crawling about in the mud so I'm really happy with mine.

mal

Forager
Sep 20, 2004
Blackpool
There is a german site i found that is brining out a tarp in flecktarn in the spring i think it is ideal for the forest.

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Sounds cool...they do a small two man pup tent in flecktarn too....not that I'm much of a tent user! :pack:

I use a US woodland commo tarp to cover my log store (we've got a wood burning stove at home) just so I don't have the eyesore of a bright blue thing half way down my garden!!!! :eek:):

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Ive got a flectarn parker along with other flectarn bits of gear(for rough shooting) and it very good stuff,tuff and hardwearing but ive got to say that nothing beat DPM for its disruptive camo effect until the Canadians developed Cadpat,DPM consistently beat all other patterns in trials until Cadpat was developed.It= DPM was the best pattern and most versatile in more enviroments than any other.It was allso one of the most expensive camo patterns developed.

I dont used camo apart from when shooting,i know bushcrafters as a rule do not like camo because of the Rambo effect,then i saw these new civilian patterns,they work very well not better than military patterns but they do work,maybe there ideal for bushcrafters perhaps???

hootchi

Settler
I have to admit that I wear a flecktarn combat shirt whilst walking on Dartmoor where I don't think it looks that bad.

However, I rarely wear it when I am down the woods purely because of the looks that I generate and I think it gives alot of people the wrong impression.

Quality stuff though mate and £9.99 is a bargain!

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
The Flektarn rain poncho can be fitted with a matching thinsulite liner. They go @ $35 USD. Thats the only liner I've encountered and it was a disaster. I'd just wear a good wooley pully underneath. Camouflage is only as good as the wearer. Animals also have a sharp sense of smell, movement and UV eyesight. Once I was bundled up in a untreated woolen blanket in a scottish tartan and had deer sniffing about me for acorns.later Ronald Reagan visited the local college I was attending. I was a student worker in the agriculture department's citrus orchard. As a joke, I had worn plain vanilla green fatiques with orange circles painted on. We were going through a bit of a cammie fad at the time. I'm up a tree seeing to a wind damaged branch when the Secret Service, resplendant in sunglasses, radios and firearms secured the orchard for security. My supervisor ( imagine Tolkien's Tom Bombadil with long grey beard, ponytail, tiger stripe cammies and smoking a cigar) indignantly made them help round up his flock of geese first. I'm swaying in this tree trying not to laugh watching the alpha goose bite the agent's pant cuff as he waved his Uzi at her. :nana:

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Had a look at mine last night and it doesn't have the liner with it...although to be honest if it's that cold I'd use the British issue chineese fighting suit I kept when I left the TA.

Glad you found one anyway :eek:):

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE