Flavoured alcohol

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
does anyone on here flavour their own alcohol?

i have a bottle of brandy stewing with some blackberries and apple. + lots of sugar.

had a nip the other day and it is doing well.

what do you make?

andy

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Almond rum....poor mans mead....strawberry rum....chilli rum.....honey vodka plus any number o' wierd concoctions......The fun bit's makin' the alckyhol b4 hand... :)

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
I haven't made home brew for years, about time I got back into it.

The only flavoured alcohol I've been supping lately (not tonight) has been vodka flavoured with cola...

Will dig out my old book, Winemaking month by month, tomorrow.

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
I made raspberry vodka last year and it went down a treat, as long as you add enough sugar. I didn't strain it and my friends liked the raspberry pieces, or so they said :)

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
You'll find there's a lot of us on here who both flavour their own booze as well as a bit of home brewing (cider and elderflower beer/champagne is what I usually do. Tried nettle beer but didn't really like it, but I'll give it another go in a couple of months once Spring is here).

I LOVE bramble brandy! Never thought of adding apples as well. Seems so obvious now you've mentioned it. Mmm...wonder what apple and blackberry gin/vodka would be like.
My personal favourites have always been sloe gin and rhubarb vodka. So simple, yet so lovely.

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
You'll find there's a lot of us on here who both flavour their own booze as well as a bit of home brewing (cider and elderflower beer/champagne is what I usually do. Tried nettle beer but didn't really like it, but I'll give it another go in a couple of months once Spring is here).

I LOVE bramble brandy! Never thought of adding apples as well. Seems so obvious now you've mentioned it. Mmm...wonder what apple and blackberry gin/vodka would be like.
My personal favourites have always been sloe gin and rhubarb vodka. So simple, yet so lovely.

i quite fancy making my own cider - I'm a typical Dorset boy I'm afraid - i do like my cider. :D

I can't remember exactly but there was a reason I put apples in as well. i had a small nip and it is nice!

i once tried blueberry whiskey and that was rather nice too.

andy

Snowfire

Forager
Jan 10, 2010
Cotswolds
Sloe gin, raspberry gin and blackcurrant brandy this year.
Vodka with fennel added - tastes like aquavit (sp?) but half the price :)

Used to do lots of home brew wine and beer but don't have space in this house.

Jan 5, 2010
bedfordshire
Sam and I have sloe vodka,sloe brandy,sloe spiced rum,sloe whisky and good old cider!! A few I have not tried beore so should be fun!!:dancer:
Raspberry vodka sounds interesting?!!

Lisa -Lady of Tanith

P

Pcwizme

Currently have,

Sloe Gin, Sloe Vodka, Sloe Wiskey, and Mead (Sweet and Dry) and possibly a methglin (flavoured mead with Lemon and herbs) on the go.
My friend has a couple of bee hives and he dont like honey so i get alot of it!

Last edited by a moderator:

kevm65

Jan 26, 2010
Germany
Friend of mine made garlic in vodka and left to stand for two weeks, then on his party night he offered it around and the bottle soon got empy, at least i had fresh breath the next day.

I tried this method using Ginger root and a little sugar, tasted great

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I've tried a few flavoured spirits and my favourite is rhubarb schnapps (vodka, plenty of red 'barb and sugar to taste). Also make quite a few different beers, wine and cider.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE