Flat caps

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I have a fancy to try making a leather flat cap. Does anyone have a pattern for a std twead style cap that I could use as a starting point perchance?

Having said that i fancy making one this does not necessarlly mean it will translate into a physical manifistation of one mind......... I have been relialably informed by swmbo that i do not have a head for hats on numerous times!

The thought is there though, and if I do end up making one and am not allowed out in public in it there may be a give-away in the future ;)

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I would imagine youtube would be the place to go
I've not tried making a flat cap myself but when i made a pilots cap there was loads on how to make them there and also related things like how to create a stiff front peak etc.
Best of luck

Reactions: g4ghb

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I would imagine youtube would be the place to go
I've not tried making a flat cap myself but when i made a pilots cap there was loads on how to make them there and also related things like how to create a stiff front peak etc.
Best of luck

Doh! - what a muppett....... why did I not think of that!?!?! - thanks mate, have now a few hours of viewing pleasure to look forward to :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE