Fixed blade version of the Spyderco Manix

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
This one is done. :D

IMG_1833.jpg

I used the Spyderco Manix as the basis for the shape, but don't actually have one so it may not match too well! :lol:

It fits the hand securely and the handle is made from Burgundy micarta, white liners and mosaic pins (from Rob).

IMG_1832.jpg

I had originally put a scandi grind on the blade but it just wasn't sitting right with the design for me so I convexed it. Much better! 8)

IMG_1837.jpg

I wasn't sure about using white liners as I didn't think it would show up well, but it does!

IMG_1839.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg

Oh, and I decided to place my mark in an appropriate place, considering the origin of the design. :D

IMG_1835.jpg

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I thought you might like it Jonathan! :D

Too right mate, obviously there is plenty of Spyderco influence in my knife, especially the full flat versions. I think Spyderco missed a trick not designing a bushcraft varient around that pattern, and you just proved it. I bet the ergonomics are sweeeeet.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE