fishing near north london

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

alex905

Oct 9, 2006
england
i just got some new fishing equiptment and i want to take it out for a bit of test useage.

the only place i found were thaier are any fish is grahem park, which isent a nice place. lets just say in woudldent be eating any fish i cought from their. :bluThinki

so i was wondering if anyone knew of anywere near were i live (north london) near finchley on the northen line. i have a car and can go out a bit (if i dont get lost).

so does anyone know anyere i can fish. kinda importante a my freind is gonna try and drag me down to grahem park. in about 4 hours. :(

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I seem to remember a programme where a guy went looking for trout in and around London. The water has to be in pretty good shape for trout, so he didn't have much joy, but just at the end he did catch a small trout.

Not too sure where you can go as I don't know London too well, but good luck with finding a nice bit of water and have fun!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
It was a good programme wasn't it? I'd like to remember who the guy was as I wouldn't mind seeing it again, he was one of those guys that is really chilled and presents a programme without bigging himself up!

sten

Jan 13, 2007
the dreaded 'burbs
alex905 said:
i just got some new fishing equiptment and i want to take it out for a bit of test useage.

so i was wondering if anyone knew of anywere near were i live (north london) near finchley on the northen line. i have a car and can go out a bit (if i dont get lost).

The thames! eels everywhere (bacon and chicken are highly rated), on the southside once you get out to erith and greenhithe there are Flounder, Bass and even winter Cod. If you get out in a boat (southend) Rays are the order of the day.

Lets us know how you get on - this could be a great thread!

alex905

Oct 9, 2006
england
thats what i was planning. i going to tottanham first as that was one of the only sites that was rated near me. then walton-on-thames but im not so sure now. the thames is getting to be very tempting.

i heard alot of it is private though, so should i just drive around untill i see people fishing and anoy them. :)

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
spamel said:
It was a good programme wasn't it? I'd like to remember who the guy was as I wouldn't mind seeing it again, he was one of those guys that is really chilled and presents a programme without bigging himself up!

Charles Rangeley-Wilson, The Accidental Angler. There's a book about the series. But I can't see any reference to a DVD. I've fished with him before and yes he is very laid back and an exceptional fisherman. His books come highly recommended by me!

As for fishing in London, the best place very near Finchley is probably Hampstead Heath. Never fished there but there are some quite well know coarse fishing lakes with day permits available, though nothing you can eat of course. You can get a permit here.

For trout - that you can eat - fishing in London your best bet to start is probably Syon House just across the Thames from Kew Gardens. See here. But you'd need fly fishing gear - is that what you have?

Tight lines :)

Chris

alex905

Oct 9, 2006
england
i might try Syon House but i dont ahve any fly fishing gear. but since in mencehnes anglers in their, i might be in with a chance. fist time iv fished near my house. hopeing to amke it a habit.

im gonna leave ina few hours, i will see if i can bring some pics back.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE