First Solo overnighter coming up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Haggis

Nomad
Try not to think about being alone, in the dark, unconscious, and helpless, for many hours.

Not to worry though, sleeping bags are as magical at keeping monsters aways from camping adults as blankets are at keeping monsters away from sleeping children.

(And don't forget a small bottle for comfort; it worked when we were all babes, and it works still,,, even if the bottle contains something other than milk.)

Jonbodthethird

Settler
Sep 5, 2013
Kettering/Stilton
You Might not be on your own! But it depends if I can make my missus magically forget about the blumming car boot on the Sunday. If not some sleeping powder in her bed time drink should do the trick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

forest hermit

Mar 24, 2014
barnsley
There's nothing to be scared of enjoy the fact that you are on your own ! Your skills are all you need forget everything else I think the world would be a better place if people did what your doing as long as it's in a different wood! The joy of being alone in a beautiful place makes you concentrate more on honing the skills you have and need to enjoy your life and function as part of a team
Have a great time!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Secret to a good nights sleep when camping is.....................

1100.JPG

skate

Nomad
Apr 13, 2010
East Devon
One of the enjoyable reasons for sleeping outdoors is to hear all the different sounds. Personally, the very last thing I would do is use ear plugs. Embrace the difference.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
when they first came up on the screen i wondered what they were........!!!!!!
Such a big picture made them look like something else for an instant......

Im actually really looking forward to it now.
And the Venison sausages i will take for dinner.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
One of the enjoyable reasons for sleeping outdoors is to hear all the different sounds. Personally, the very last thing I would do is use ear plugs. Embrace the difference.

Not sure how much of the sounds you can hear when you're asleep :lmao:

Each to their own, personally i get a better nights sleep with ear plugs in.

when they first came up on the screen i wondered what they were........!!!!!!
Such a big picture made them look like something else for an instant......

Im actually really looking forward to it now.
And the Venison sausages i will take for dinner.

:lmao:

Didn't realise how big the pic was till i've just reopened the thread :Wow:

As with the ear plugs comment above some folks love camping out others can't get on with it, as you've been camping before and liked it i recon the odds are in your favour.

You should be in for a good adventure just make sure you take plenty of pics and stick up a trip report, we like our trip reports here.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
Will take a few pics while im there and let you all know how i got on.
Just hope the thunder storms forecast for tomorrow are correct and give me some good rain and lightning.

Nothing like a good storm when under a tarp.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE