First Post

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Boston973

Feb 3, 2009
Mass
I have been a longtime lurker and have finally joined the ranks as a membe rof the forrum. I just wanted to say how much i have appreciated all of the advice and information i have gleened from this forrum in the last six months.

I have been on a few similiar American forrums (alwase a lurker) but i never really enjoyed most of the attitudes or topics present. Half of them spend most of there time making prophecy of doom for all.

So Here I am. A little about me. I was lucky enouph to have a great father who has forgotten more about woodslore than I presently now know. But I did not take advantage of it as much as i wished, due to the fact that when younger i felt i already knew everything and camping was dumb.

I stayed like that till i joined the Army out of highschool and ended up and infantry soldier. After my first ten days out in the woods on a feild training exercise i was in love. I fell even deeper in love when i was deployed to thailand for cross training with the thailand soldiers.
We Tought them how to use night vision, and other high tech goodies and they tought us jungle survival. To this day it was one of the best times of my life.

Now I get out Once per year for a 7 day trip and I try and get out for a weekends here and there if the wife lets me. Of course so far soemthing has gone wrong on the last five trips. So I have to plan better each time. I dont care though i look foward to that big trip all year long.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Hello mate and welcome, you've probably noticed there's the occasional rumpus here but the Mods step in, clip a few round the ear, and we carry on happily as usual. :slap: :D

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Hiya Boston, sounds like a great time that jungle survival....oh what some of us miss in our youth.
icon9.gif

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE