First Midlands Meet 2008.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hello
I plan to go to middlewood but would also like to come to this meet too.
I just have to see how things pan out with stuff at home etc.
I am missing a few w/ends in Feb and April and don't want to push my luck too much with SWMBO.

If the weather was good I may consider bringing the kids with me on one of the march meets to give SWMBO a bit of peace at home.

Bodge:)

skint

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2007
Leicestershire
I would have thought the proposed date being the Easter holiday may reduce the numbers. Speaking in general the majority of blokes may find it easier to slip away any normal weekend rather than a major holiday. Not trying to put a spanner in the works. Should we have a vote?

Paul

Oct 21, 2006
Birmingham
I would have thought the proposed date being the Easter holiday may reduce the numbers. Speaking in general the majority of blokes may find it easier to slip away any normal weekend rather than a major holiday. Not trying to put a spanner in the works. Should we have a vote?

Paul

Good point!

And for those who want to do both, it may be a little difficult to get a domestic pass out for 2 weekends on the trot.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Now we're getting somewhere :D .

So, not the best choice of weekend and a bit more time between the Midlands and Middlewood Meets.
There's absolutely no problem with an alternative weekend :cool: - like I said before; 'I want to try to accomodate the members of this forum as best I can. I make no promises; other than to try to do my best.
So please, if a weekend isn't suitable, feel free to speak up and voice an alternative date (or dates) which would be more suitable to yourself.'

It's a Scout site so there are no problems with bringing children to the Meet - The site is child friendly.

Now that good weather has been mentioned a couple of times do we go for a Meet date before or after Middlewood?
So, give me some alternative dates :D.

It's good to talk :cool: .

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
So what is the general consensus on this one do we have it earlier or later I for one am easy if that weekend is a bank holiday it may be difficult for me to arrange cover I never checked it in my diary

JonBaker

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I had the weekend of the 23rd/24th Feb booked in my diary for a trip to Yellow Wood - I'll quite happily go on the meet instead on that weekend. If not that weekend then any weekend in March apart from the easter weekend would be OK for me.

skint

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2007
Leicestershire
So we have:-

1) Decorum - possibly +1 - no preferred date - 1 Hammock.

2] xylaria +2 children depending on weather +mayby 1 adult, all in hammocks

3) Woodstock - no prefered date - 1 hammock

4) Bushcraft Bailey - no prefered date - hammock (if i get one in time)

5) JonBaker - will be tarp. Prefer 23/24 Feb 1/2, 8/9, 15/16 or 29/30 March

6) Humpback - most w/e after 2nd3rd Feb - hammock.

7) Neolithic +1 - tent (bah!) lol No preferred dates.

8) Skint (hammock) + 1 (tent) +2 possibles (tent). Prefer 23/24 Feb 1/2, 8/9, 15/16 or 29/30 March.

Can everyone make one of these dates?

Paul

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Having looked at the dates suggested it looks like the weekend of Friday 7 March seems to fit best in and around the 'immovable' calendar dates and gives a bit more time for anyone who wants to go to Middlewood too.

So - 7/8/9 March everybody?

Please feel free to suggest things that you'd like to try out at the Meet (within reason! :p)

Jan 15, 2007
mansfield,notts,UK
Hi Folks, I would be interested in attending the meet if you do not mind an extra person being around please feel free to mail me about times and dates. It would be nice to meet some like minded people rather than going solo all the time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE