First Meet For Those Who Can't Do The Big One!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi, I am having a meet in Andy Bruce's woods, which will be the first weekend in March (Friday 1st -Sunday 3rd March)

All welcome, with the possibility that if numbers are small we have the option of the new site.

This meet is being arranged as some have informed me they can't make the big one (posted in a minute!)

any questions, as usual just ask.

Ivan...

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Ah...just seen this one after I spoke to you about Feb. Think it's possible to do something in Feb as well as this date beginning of March? Otherwise I'll just till the birthday bash.

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Hi Ivan

Can Ciaran and I come to this one as well as it's only a couple of days after my birthday.

I'll make sure I bring plenty of beer to celebrate :puppy_dog :beerchug:

Phill

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Morning! A little update, this meet DOES! go ahead, and not because of idle threats on another thread. It was originally intended for a few that said they could not make the combined birthday meet.

As most of you know i don't need much excuse to camp,i don't need any notice for this one, so anybody not sure of their movements, you can just turn up, even on the day, it's never a bother when the meets are held at this site, people often call in for a brew and chat , whenever they see my car parked outside the wood.

Oh and just quietly, there will be a handful of us camping w/e 8th - 10th February, it is a bit short notice i know, but anyone that feels like it is welcome to join us. ( also, saves anyone moaning that they were not invited, or informed, you know who you are ! )

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Crikey! 2013 looks like it's going to be a busy year for meets and camping, this weekend,(2nd - 3rd Feb) a few of the Natural Bushcraft, Cornish contingent are coming to play, have not seen some of those boys for 2 years! Be great to catch up. Oh ! I lied the Cornwall RV, last year.

Then the following weekend, (8th - 10th Feb) This one where international guests will be arriving.

Then! (1st -3rd) March, a mini meet aimed at those that can't do the big one.

And finally for now! The Big One! Double birthday bash, as usual anyone lurking out there who can make any of them, who may not have been before, you are more than welcome to come and see what we are all about, we are a very friendly bunch, don't forget, i had never met any of them before, once! And they have all become good friends, maybe it's that "like minded soul,thing"

Bring it all on !

Ivan...

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Looks like it's going to be a busy year ahead!

I'm not bringing the young 'uns to the Feb one but I will be bringing the sweetie (or is that swettie?) and a 6'2'' forager!
The car boot is loaded with the essential tinnies and my kit is cleaned and packed.

Any chance someone could order some sunshine for this one please? I've had just about enough of the wet stuff of late and last year I do remember thinking what a lovely lake Andy Bruce had. :p
Maybe I should pack the canoe just in case!

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Well, the weather doesn't look too bad for the weekend. Kit is all doubled checked and triple checked, cars packed. Just need a trip to the beer shop and and I'm set.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I hope those Welshies don't plan on bringing their girlfriends

I cant lift share with 2 sheep and the service stations will be a nightmare
and my pig wont take kindly to it either
lol
Looking forward to catching up y'all

Last edited:

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Ok! Guys and Gals, last call for the Woodland Express, i am off up there see you all at various times of the day,we will be using the bottom site, just follow the smoke!

Fire will be lit,kettle will be on and chef will have prepared something warming.

Safe journey everyone.

Ivan...

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
H Ivan

Duty calls at Church and I can't make this one for 1st to 3rd March, but i've there is no way that I will be missing the BIG ONE.

See you then

Phill & Ciaran

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE