First Knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
These are my first two knives (excluding the recycled one).

The top is my first, it has a lapplander 115 blade and an oak burl handle. I know where the imperfections are, but I'm quite pleased. Mainly because of the wood I think.

The knife below is a half tang from goodstuff. The blade has (starting at the front) brass, black buffalo horn (thanks to a colleague with similar interests), curly birch, horn, brass and oroco to hide the end of tang.

Thanks to G4GHb for sorting out the order, I need to save a few pennies and then I'll buy the leather to make some sheaths. I'll follow rapidboys tutorials and post the results when I've finished.

Satisfying - I'll say. Even the swmbo is impressed, not one roll of the eyes with a shake of the head as with other bushcraft activities mentioned.

Attachments

• First knives.jpg
    First knives.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 179
  • First Knives b.jpg
    First Knives b.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 68

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
im impressed they are a couple of great knives you have there
well done
leon

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
They DO look good mate - (much better now they have handles!)

I am v impressed - won't be long before the next rolls off the production line! ;)

........... and YES it is Soooooooooo addictive! My wife has come to accept it and even the girls 5 & 7 like to check out the latest creation (under CLOSE supervision of course but i don't want them to be affraid of knives and to grow up thinking of them as tools)
This is my latest, not bushcrafty at all but it is a present for a friend (nickname, Grover!) and I must say i'm very happy with the way the engraving came out :)

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
Thanks for the compliments - that knife is very well done - a professional job. I'll have to ask you for some tips in future. I plan to make some more, but must find homes for them all at some point.

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
richeadon said:
Thanks for the compliments - that knife is very well done - a professional job. I'll have to ask you for some tips in future. I plan to make some more, but must find homes for them all at some point.

homes? - pah! - just keep making and librally didtrubuting them round the house till no matter where you are you have something in arms reach at any time! :lmao:

seany boy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2006
Lincolnshire
Very nice work Ric well done, are you sure you have'nt done this before? Been wanting to have a go at one of those lapplander 115 blade blanks myself for a while now (as a first project) really must have a go. The brass/buffalo/curly birch and oroco on the Goodstuff blade,seem to work really well together. Keep us posted (pics) regarding the leather work

Nice work Graham, useful looking knife.

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
I am very keen to do the sheaths. I have a couple of other knives that could do with some too. I'd like to make pouches later so I'm saving for the leather (I'm a bit over spent with the hammock & tarp stuff at the mo, but I'll get there and let you know.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE