First Knife Sheath.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I went to John Fenna's house today and he graciously offered to teach me the ins and outs of making a knife sheath.

So with his help this is what the end result was:

100_2327.jpg

100_2328.jpg

100_2329.jpg

100_2330.jpg

It's not quite finished yet, ie it needs dying and wet moulding to the knife it will become home to but I'm really happy with it.:D

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I wish my first one had been that good. I've just got it out - it's not a patch on that!

I would love to be able to take the credit but I can't because John did most of it, he was giving me a tutorial.
I just hope I live up to the standard when your leather arrives and I make my own - On my own!:eek:
All I did really was the stitch marking, the hole drilling, the stamping and the sowing, John cut it out and glued the bits in place!:rolleyes:

So hold your breath for my first solo attempt, yours might not look so bad after all!:D

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Good sheaf to both of you.:cool:
My advice for what it's worth , is take your time , there's aways TOMORROW.;)
Topknot

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Nice one mate. And don't worry, my first sheath looked way worse and took me 4 hours to stitch up. Now i can stitch one up in 20 mins (and that's with my awkward baggins styley sheath). Get some leather and knock out a few bits and pieces and you soon get the bug.
Well Done
Baggins

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Looks good to me, once you get underway you will soon be knocking em out, then you run out of leather, and you need some more, pretty soon everything will be encased in leather.

Simon.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Nice one mate. And don't worry, my first sheath looked way worse and took me 4 hours to stitch up. Now i can stitch one up in 20 mins (and that's with my awkward baggins styley sheath). Get some leather and knock out a few bits and pieces and you soon get the bug.
Well Done
Baggins

My first lot of leather is on its way, and thanks to John's brilliant tuition I had this one sown up in about 15-20 mins! I already have the bug in a big way and I can't wait to start my first sheath.:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE