First knife sheath ever

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

2trapper

Forager
Apr 11, 2011
Italy
Here's my first knife sheath. It's not perfect, there are some mistakes, but I experienced different techniques on this old piece of leather like double stitching, wet moulding, finishing with different products, And now the result

20150407_230611_resized_zpsxh2kx4jn.jpg

20150407_231028_resized_zpsfywvkgws.jpg

20150407_230716_resized_zpsftigyazr.jpg

20150407_230647_resized_zpsj5mnqchq.jpg

20150407_230729_resized_zpsjoal924n.jpg

2trapper

Forager
Apr 11, 2011
Italy
Thank you very much Hamish, without your advice I'll never start this adventure
Thanks also to all other forum fellows for your appreciation.
The knife is a gift from a friend who is a knifemaker so I'm quite happy to complete the job with a good sheath.
There are some issues regarding the sheath. the first was due to the tape layers around the knife during the wet moulding. They enlarged the total volume of the knife so, once removed, the blade doesn't thightly fit into the sheath. the second issue is regarding the cardboard used to protect the clamps. it was ondulated so some stripes appear on the leather surface. the third is the direct use of the clamps: with a wooden liner probably the compression would be more omogeneous

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Thank you very much Hamish, without your advice I'll never start this adventure
Thanks also to all other forum fellows for your appreciation.
The knife is a gift from a friend who is a knifemaker so I'm quite happy to complete the job with a good sheath.
There are some issues regarding the sheath. the first was due to the tape layers around the knife during the wet moulding. They enlarged the total volume of the knife so, once removed, the blade doesn't thightly fit into the sheath. the second issue is regarding the cardboard used to protect the clamps. it was ondulated so some stripes appear on the leather surface. the third is the direct use of the clamps: with a wooden liner probably the compression would be more omogeneous

Mate, if you are looking at a perfectly good knife sheath with such a critical eye. you will be a master in a very short space of time

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE