First go at Kydex

I put it in a pre heated oven for a couple of minutes to soften it then used a press i made to clamp it tight while it cooled.With it being 1.5mm it softened pretty quickly,,give it a go mate.
watch it like a hawk if this stuff gets to hot you will fill the house with thick black acrid smoke DO not answer the phone or the door when its in

you get fumes even at lower temps

a hot air paint stripper canalso be used to heat

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
watch it like a hawk if this stuff gets to hot you will fill the house with thick black acrid smoke DO not answer the phone or the door when its in

Yeh perhaps i should have stated that.
What foam did you use with the press? I was thinking a bit of an old roll mat, but I'm not sure if it would have enough give.

I would say that would do as long as it is thick enough.The stuff i used is an offcut when i was coach building that we used to insulate.

Phil B

Settler
Jan 28, 2006
Beverley, Yorkshire.
u7y6a6ez.jpg

Does nice work does Steve.
Not bad for his second attempt!
Knife by Spyderco, handle by me, and glorious Kydex work by Steve (Wulf).

2ybenypy.jpg

Thanks mate!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Nice work indeed! Something I want to have a go at, but I'm not sure on the right stuff to buy. Is there any danger of you damaging the item being moulded around? I want to make a sheath for my Fal A1 but I'd be devastated if I damaged it at all!

Any advice on Kydex/Eyelets/Techniques/Temperature/Foam would be greatly appreciated!

Andy

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Unfortunatley i didn't take any pictures other than this one:rolleyes:
The next time i make on i'll do a tutorial.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
lolol...i'm chuckling at the fact duncs obviously done that....how many times? come on spill.....lolol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE