First camp of 2012 in planning stage

Got permission to go out camping 14th jan long as bells palsy has cleared up.
the plan is for me and i camp @butlins to walk from mine to the usual site but only take what we can carry in our packs(thus moving away from the expedition style camping i seem to have done a hell of a lot of last year) and also give pete a taster of using a bivi and poncho set up.
also gonna be trying out my light lighter lightest right righter rightest set up
cant wait!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Blimey mate, you had bell's palsy, Emm had that down the right hand side of her face for about seven months when she was 30. An awful time for her, but it cleared up 100% within 18 months.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Sorry to distract the thread mate, but I didn't know about this. Wasn't even aware it could become a recurrent thing. I do know that the odds are in your favour though and wish you all the best for a full and permanent recovery.

No worries JD. its one of those things that as far as i inderstand either happens once or if you're 'lucky' like me you can be prone to it and have it visit again and again. Dr's can't work out what causes it (although i have a couple of ideas).
it's more embarrassing than anything else as a slumped face and slurred speech in a young(ish) bloke is not a good look. that and NHS direct or out of hours doctors always assume it is a stroke and try to send an ambulance out to me.
it will go away hopefully.
anyways whooo camping :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE