First bushcraft course kit recommendations - Woodland Ways survival week March

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
@lostplanet
Thanks for the suggestions, very comprehensive will take a while to go through it all. I have been looking at the crusader cooking kit, looks like a well designed and robust system with purpose built pouch, bit expensive though.

Have been reading much discussion between carbon and stainless Mora knives, what are your thoughts?

I have a Petzl head torch and can’t really justify upgrading, could do with figuring out a good DIY red filter though.

Go outdoors have neo-airs on the shelf if you want to get your hands on one and look. definitely on my want list.

https://www.woodland-ways.co.uk/book-online-woodland-ways-week--5-days-survival-course-16.html

It’s the one at the end of March in Oxfordshire.

Through my poor planning I am running my first half marathon on the day before the course, hope I’m not too sore. Maybe I’ll treat myself to a comfy sleep pad.

Carbon or stainless?, To me as long as its sharp and cuts I'm not bothered to be honest. Not sure if new moras come with ground spines as standard for firesteel striking but thats the only mod I did with an angle grinder and the sheath has been upgraded.

Clickhappy

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2016
Coventry
Got back from the course, had an amazing time, highly recommended!

The teaching was first rate, the woods were of a good size and with a wide range of different tree, plant and animal species.

Ate and prepare lots of game and foraged plants, attempted fire by friction, tried my hand at willow weaving, making cordage, flint knapping. Made natural shelters which we slept in for the duration of the course complete with fire pits and pot hangers to help with cooking the game.

The weather was fine throughout so the waterproofing on the bivvy bag was never tested as although it did get down to -1 overnight.

Reactions: Dark Horse Dave

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
nice one ! you have considerably more experience than me now LOL, sounds like a good option one day.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE