First bit of leathercraft - a case for my phone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tom Gold

Forager
Nov 2, 2012
Scotland
www.thetreeline.co.uk
Just done my first bit of usable leatherwork, its a belt case for my phone and is made from part of my Grandad's old briefcase which I have had for many years now.

As you can see its a bit rough and ready but the phone fits pretty snugly inside. I have some leather dye oil on order along with and edge and groove cutter but what with the Christmas post and the heavy rain I just figured I'd crack on with what I had!

Some folks might think it was wrong to 're-purpose' something that was left to me but he was a practical man and not especially sentimental.

Happy New Year to you all!

dsc_0040.jpg

2015-1.jpg

nurvware

Tenderfoot
Aug 13, 2013
Wirral
Well done. Id be happy knowing that you had recycled it into something more usable to you rather than throwing it out. On a plus side your mates won't call you briefcase ****** anymore!

Last edited:

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
I like the idea of re-purposing things that have little use to the owner in its current form, that way you get to use it and in cases like yours remember someone. (pun not intended)
Nice work Tom.:)

Rob.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE