first attempt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mazeman

Forager
Jun 7, 2007
Porthmadog, Gwynedd
thought I'd share this...
T'is my first attempt at making anything like this and I'm pleased with it.
It's to be a pourer for use in sweat lodges and is made from the old Birch in the Chalice Well gardens, Glastonbury. The wood had been down a while, 3 years or so, so it wasn't easy to carve.
My thanks to Jonathan Ridgeon for the how.

Attachments

• kuska.jpg
    kuska.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 20

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Nice work there fella, now all you need to do is fill it with Rum or Brandy, sit back and enjoy, let your mind take you to the snow covered north and imagine the stars.

Simon.

mazeman

Forager
Jun 7, 2007
Porthmadog, Gwynedd
Nice work there fella, now all you need to do is fill it with Rum or Brandy, sit back and enjoy, let your mind take you to the snow covered north and imagine the stars.

Simon.

Thanks for the compliment.
I'm a man for a single malt myself, and I can remember the Norwegian snow and the stars (so many, many more than I see here).
Oddly though, t'is only water that will fill the kuska, and I'll listen to it sing as it pours onto the red-hot rocks of the next sweat lodge.

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Best not put Brandy on those coals then. Still you can always have a dram from it first. Again very nice work fella.

All the best.

Simon.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Was/is to me. If you're ever in Glastonbury, go to the Chalice Well Gardens - red-water straight from the ground and peace so profound you can hold it in your hand.

Thats great....You have there a very special cup and I wish you joy each time you use it....

ditchfield

Nomad
Nov 1, 2003
Somerset
Was/is to me. If you're ever in Glastonbury, go to the Chalice Well Gardens - red-water straight from the ground and peace so profound you can hold it in your hand.

Thats just down the road from me! Tis a lovely place. Shame they charge so much for entry, haven't been there in years.

Your next project: A spoon made from the holy thorn!

p.s. Tis a beautiful cup!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE