First aid kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Camel

Forager
Nov 5, 2012
London
Apologies if this has been done before but the search filter doesn't like it when you type in "First aid kit" for some reason...

Do people take a first aid kit with them when out in the wilds and if so, what do they take?

I've seen those small green plastic ones they sell in Blacks and petrol stations, there doesn't seem to be much in them for anything beyond a cut finger or scraped knee.

I'd like to buy or put together something small, ideally pocket sized, to try and keep with me the whole time. I would appreciate advice on the contents and what to keep it in too.

Stuff for insect bite itching would be good.

My only needs over and above general bushcrafters would be some sort of portable trauma kit for dealing with large cuts or wounds. I would be taking this with me hunting and so I may as well, if possible, take something to deal with a knife or firearm accident. I haven't even heard of anyone shooting themselves or someone else with a rifle in this country, but it's better safe tahn sorry and people have accidents with knives all the time unfortunately.

I have done a first aid course through work but it was as you may imagine a little basic.

With thanks,

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I believe I read somewhere that the search function is not the best, and a better way may be to use another search engine (google etc) but include "bushcraftuk" along with say, "First Aid Kit" in the box.

KP

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE