First Aid course dates 2007

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jack sparrow

Feb 23, 2007
Warwickshire
The more i look around this site the more im amazed by it. As a professional emergency medical technician in the NHS, i think what you are doing in organising these courses it brilliant, as Tony mentioned in the first post it can really take us some time to get to you, and the more you can do to help yourselves or someone else injured in the countryside, it will be benificail with the short and long term healing process of any injury, and even one day save someones life.

YIS
JS

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
Hey there Tony, Wayne - looking forward to this course in April - it's 15 years since I did any first aid training and I'm sure I've probably forgotten anything useful.

Wayne your info mentions a communal fire - are portable stoves and kelly kettle type things okay on site? (I enjoy a quiet brew in the morning) :)

No worries if not.

btw if anyone from West Yorkshire is attending and would like to ride share I'll be driving down - I have one place + gear in my car. Returning sunday evening.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Hi Red.

I am happy for you to have small fires or stoves for cooking. You guys know what your about and as long as they are cleared away properly I am happy.

Please bring some personal water as It saves me dragging too much down the track. I get lazier every year according to Val.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Good for you Emma :D I don't know if you've emailed Shelly, if you have ignore this, if not drop her an email and we'll get you on the list. shop@bushcraftuk.com

There's just a few places left on the April course so if you're interested, get yourselves signed up ;)

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
Time's moving on - Just bumping this thread to see if this is all booked up and ready to go ahead?

Looking forward to the training and meeting a few more people!

Cheers Tony, Wayne.

Stu

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
Looking forward to it as well. Though taking ages to make my new Swanndri look 'used'! :) Bush cred is everything!

I have done a PM to Tony so not looking to go behind his back or anything, but at present I havent had any joining instructions - ie time and place to turn up etc. Anybody assist?

Appreciate a little late in day, but will be travelling down m74/ m6 from Lanark possibly Thursday or probably early Friday. Heading from m6 will depend on finding out where I'm going from there - but if anyone stuck for transport and along the route, happy to offer a lift down - should fit upto two passegers plus kit.
PM me if interested.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Hi all.

Tony should be sending out the joining instructions as we speak. He may already have done so. I have been suffering IT system failure so havent been able to view here.

PM or email me at info AT forestknights.co.uk if you have any last minute queries.

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
I notice on the front page that it now says there are 3 places still left on next week's course. As quite a few regulars don't come in via the front page I thought I'd highlight it here.

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
Yep 90 quid sounds like a lot of bushcrafty gear goodness I admit, but for those of us without access to this training at work - compared to the cost of other first aid training companies this course is cheap as chips - I've seen two day first aid at work *REQUALIFICATION* courses for £600.

It really valuable to have this stuff under your belt as I was reading the other day that if you have a heart attack in public, survival rates are abysmal - you are more than likely dead - because of the bystander effect and the lack of CPR training among the general public.

Curiously survival rates are worse if your heart attack is witnessed by a relative!!

Food for thought. Hope those places fill up.

Mar 28, 2007
Leicestershire, England.
With any luck within the next few months my work place is hoping to get me trained up as a Trainer and an Assessor. So depending on when and how good their training is (and i pass of course ;)) Then if ever you need an extra pair of hands at a course. will be happy to help.

Wolves. :)

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
Very quick note - stopped at flat on trek North. Inverness to the South Coast and back and it was still worth it.

Fantastic weekend and course. If you dithered over going on this one, I can only recommend in the strongest terms - get your name down for the next.

Wayne and the team - thank you for a great learning experience.

Also very nice to meet the people behind the handles - nice people and excellent company.

Speaking of handles, there is no truth in the rumour that Wayne offerred me a job as stunt double for his tummy! :umbrella:

'Big' A

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
Andy how did you get home so quickly! Let me add my thanks to Wayne and team - it was a fun exercise. Wayne and his very convincing 'actors' made it quite a challenge.

Let me just apologise to my fellow first aiders on the course for the 'interruption' of Saturday nights exercise ;) The drive home was entertaining... we didn't brake much.

Stu

pteron

Acutorum Opifex
Nov 10, 2003
Wiltshire
pteron.org
Excellent course, great teaching - thanks Wayne and team, you really know your stuff. The casualty sims were very realistic, and a great learning experience.

Stu, what incident would that be then? ;) No apologies needed mate!

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
Stu

Incident - sub rosa as far as I'm concerned. Dont sweat it. It was a very sharp mango.... ( Blackadder )

Had only made it to flat when posted ( South of Glasgow ), but then I too didnt brake much - and more importantly nothing broke on the car this time either!

However, Waynes road directions as on a par with his other skills - saved me much grief, 80 miles and about 2 hours travelling time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE