First Aid course dates 2007

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
First Aid Course

Due to the popularity of the first aid course that Forest Knights kindly put together for Bushcraft UK (see this thread) we’ve got our heads together again and organised some more dates for great value courses that are both exceptional fun and more importantly essential for everyone.

firstaidcourse.JPG

The dates are:

27 - 29th April 2007

The course has been designed with a focus on the outdoor environment. Standard HSE courses are great but are limited to the work place. Our chosen environment is the woods where you may have to keep a casualty alive for a lot longer than the standard urban ambulance response time.

The course is self catering although Tea and Coffee will be available throughout the weekend. The course is taking place in a woodland setting so there’s plenty of space for hammocks, tents or whatever accommodation you prefer. The addresses of B&B’s can be provided if needed. All the other facilities are provided.

Click here for more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
They're great courses and great value and I know that you'll find them well worth the time and money.

As the blurb says, if anyone has any particular requirements on what you'd like to cover let us know and we'll see if it's possible.

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Having attended the previous course - that's me checking for breathing above- I can recommend Wayne's course wholeheartedly.

Excellent tutor group
Loads of pertinent information
Very hands on
Interesting real-life senarios
Good company around the camp fire
and a nice site to camp in - watch out you don't fall down the well

Well worth the time and money

David

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
I'm in. The April course. Cheque in the post.

Is there an application form? Otherwise I am guessing what info you want about an applicant.

D

Deleted member 4605

I'd love to come on this, but there's no way I'm missing my sons birthday for the April one. I may put my name down for September, but I don't know if I'll be free yet. :(

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
Thank you for running this again - hope it generates the interest it deserves.

I have sent Paypal in and a note attached to that - shout direct if jumped gun/ got wrong etc and to advise if need anything further from me.

Course content fairly comprehensive and clearly delivered from outdoor activity stance - so like to cover most points of concern. As a semi-professional stalker, forefront in mind are -

1. Crush injuries - ATV turnover etc
2. Low impact penetrating injuries - branches, knife stabs and cuts
3. High impact/ Trauma - Gunshot wounding ( appreciate not into province of fluid giving/ intubation etc )
4. Low impact breaks, sprains, ligament damage.
5. Cardiac care - there must be more guest stalkers with pace-makers than... :)

Suspect most of that already covered.

I look forward to it!

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Hi all,
This ones probably Tony's domain but is it possible to reserve a place with a deposit and pay off the outstanding later?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE