Firesteel loop on your knife sheath?

Feb 27, 2012
New South Wales
Lansky make a diamond rod that lives inside its brass handle- you unscrew the rod, turn it around and re - screw so the brass outer becomes the handle. It fits (firmly) in the loop on an Enzo trapper sheath. It's quite long though, maybe 5 inches. Also a bit heavy.
Cheers

Ruud

Jun 29, 2012
Belgium
www.rudecheers.wordpress.com
don't like keeping a Firesteel anywhere outside where moisture can get to it. I've had a Firesteel which corroded all the way through after a snowy day. I just keep it in my pocket with a lanyard attached to my belt. The lanyard (plain paracord) is long enough so I can use the firesteel without having to detach it.

In regards of the Zippo vs Bic, I've had a Zippo or two, both failed miserably (flint broke and dissapeared). I always have a Bic with me with some innertube of a bicyclewheel around it to waterproof it and to let it grip better in my pocket.

Last edited:
Never really bothered with a loop on a belt knife then ive never really bothered with a belt knife I Prefer a smaller Neck knife and a bigger chopper set

I do have a Ferro with the necker But as pointed out Ferro exposed can crumble away Quickly

I also carry a lot more than 1 ferro and most used is the 8mm x 4" that i carry in my Zebra Billy can Hobo set as this is what comes out to camp cook But several others in various sizes from 2" to 12" ;)

I do make ferro holders in Kydex for people and they can bolt em on or off as they like ;)

See this is for Big Fires Or when i cant be Ar$ed to get out me armchair :lmao:

ferrolge600.jpg

Little one on the keys 2" for little fires in Tesco's
bushkeycolours270.jpg

also got flint or can find some and a couple lighters and lifeboat matches etc

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
When i made a leather pouch for my leatherman I added a loop for a ferro rod and I find it the best way to light a meths burner and I always know it's on my belt. I always carry my old zippo (fortunately not for smoking any more) and a bic, but I have found that lighting a meths burner with a lighter normally results in a hairless digit, so I stick to the rod.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
See this is for Big Fires Or when i cant be Ar$ed to get out me armchair :lmao:

ferrolge600.jpg

also got flint or can find some and a couple lighters and lifeboat matches etc

HE-HE that's a serious firestarter, Towering Inferno here we come. I really like that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE