Firefly - the TV series

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
yeah, I hear what your saying about things dragging on but it could ahve gone 3 series and not dragged on and then they might have got from the start to the finish and developed the characters further. Serenity gives a good idea of how tough River gets, it would have been good to see more of her and then there's Shepherd, he was good but never really went anywhere...

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
I totally agree there, Tony. The Characters were good and well cast. Still, we'll never know! Leaves something for your imagination too......

Swyn.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Umm, i've seen the first series of Babylon 5, i enjoyed it but i'm inclined to firefly more. That does make me think though, I can get the next series of babylon 5 and that will at least compensate some :)

Dave...Good man, priorities and all that :D

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
aye 13 episodes then they canned it, Serenity the film was good but they had to effectively wrap up the story lines as they had big plans for reavers and the inner systems etc etc.
still, when a show like that hits home it finds a place in peoples hearts no matter the length.

B5 tony, if you've only seen the 1st season then your missing out. each and every season just keeps getting better and better!
well except for season 5 which was sort of hastily thrown together (there's a long winded reason for that)
Crusade was great too! that was only 13 episodes too. one episode had edward and peter woodward in it as father and son (albeit techno mages)

as for firefly, all i can say is Jewel Staite in a stripped down boiler suit smeared with engine oil and grease?

... Giggedy..

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
I have the DVD, got it even though I saw the film, they should make a sequel. Great unique characters although the Drugged Super fighter girl, sorry can't remember name, was in the Terminator series.

The film and crew characters are similar to the crew with Ripley in Alien, 3 maybe, with the wee robot girl.

Nick

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I love firefly.
I've never been able to look at a strawberry in the same light since I watched Kaylee eat one in "Shindig" (favourite episode)
Although "Hearts of gold" is a close second

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
Yup two massive fans in the Boots household here.

It was a real shame the series got canned. I think a lot of it was down to poor airing times on US telly.

There was a massive forum / web site set up show support for the series and a film.

As with most of the Joss Whedon productions there were loads of sub lines and plots going on and different directions it could have moved in.

If you are a fan I could recommend getting the series / film on DVD as the extras make it well worth a watch.

One of my favourite quotes in the series was from Jane "Someone order a dead guy?"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE