fireboxes that pack flat?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
just read magikellys review of the tentipi firebox - looks like just what i need, but £45 :eek:
am i just being a noob or does that sound expensive?
i've just made a tripod for a couple of quid from an idea of rickety-roots (see diy tripod thread in DIY forum, and would like to try making something like this myself, as it looks pretty simple.
has anyone tried a project like this, or has anyone got any idea of what kind of metal to use for a diy version?

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
i'm after a firebox more than a stove - i have a little woodburner for brews and soup, but want a firebox that i can build a fire in and hang a billy over - to contain a campfire rather than a stove.
a bigger version of Ogris link looks the best up to now.
there must be more plans out there!

Hi Gorilla,

You could always have a go at one of my modified Nimblewill Stoves

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15468

Scoops

I'll second Scoops' plug for his own design - it spawned the brilliant (if heavy and expensive) Woodland edge firebox which was a group buy recently. The beauty of the design is:

1) It really works as containable/ controllable fire.

2) Like all good designs, it's simple - it has the "why the **** didn't I think of that" factor!

3) Being simple the design, can be manufactured in whatever scale you want.

Good hunting!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE