Fire Steel Sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mmcniven

Forager
Nov 1, 2003
Paisley
I would like peoples opinion on this sheath that i have been making for fire steels.
It has been a bug bear of mine for some while, ok so you can keep it in your pocket but this looks so much nicer and is always to hand.
I find the neck version especially good. I have been developing it for some time and finally come up with a design which is easy to use, but unfortunately fairly time consuming to make hence the price.
Check out my website at http://www.scottishknives.co.uk for full details.
Thanks for looking

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Very well designed mate, you should research into easier methods of making it to make it more marketable, you might be onto an idea there!

mmcniven

Forager
Nov 1, 2003
Paisley
Thanks for all the comments so far, yes i we do offer antler handles for fire steels and hope to be producing some buffalo horn in the near future. The design is on going and i am looking at ways of reducing cost without reducing quality and the handmade feel of the sheath....not as easy as it sounds.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
ELVISTEAGLE002.jpg

Wooden handles for fire steel - why didnt i think of that! :nana: :rolmao: :nana:

Excellent idea with the neck sheath though - you should add a small pocket like a medicine bag for tinder to it and it would be the bees knees

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Quote)Gary)Excellent idea with the neck sheath though - you should add a small pocket like a medicine bag for tinder to it and it would be the bees knees
Now thats a GOOD idea!! :shock: :biggthump well thats 2 you will have sold!

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
Jake Rollnick said:
Very well designed mate, you should research into easier methods of making it to make it more marketable, you might be onto an idea there!

Problem is, there aren't too many shortcuts in leatherwork (or at least, there are some but they look like it :wink: ) Economies of scale don't come into play until you're handling much, much larger quantites, when you can start looking at a clicker and all sorts. For short runs, it just isn't economical.

A nice piece of work, too.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Womble said:
(off topic) Magi - that byline of yours is scary....
I may have to remove it as it seems people actually think I can see the information. I will leave it long enough for Jake to get the info he needs (on another thread).

Without going into the technical aspects of the signature it is really acting like a mirror. It is showing your settings to you and is not in any way able to send the informations to me. It is like me doing a trick where I explain to a complete stranger that I know them so well I have a picture of them in my wallet, then handing them a mirror. However, that said I know from my domain control panel that I can tell the operation system, screen resolution and a lot of other information about people who visit my site. I presume this information will be available to any domain owner so it is worth bearing in mind.

Of course technical stuff aside, Womble, as Magician I know all your secrets :wink:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE