Fire from Quartz

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
Heh, when i read the title of this, I was getting ready to post a link to his site all about that ;)

I second that though, great set of videos those.
I'm just waiting for the English subtitles to be done on his Iceland Traverse 2006.
I even emailed him to ask when they might be ready, no reply yet tho :)

Cheers
Carlo

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Michel is a member here. He pops on now and then. His videos are excellent, sometimes you get a glimpse of how crazy he is though! I'd love to meet him one day, anybody that purposefully tests himself like he does has got to have a good knowledge of bushcraft.

May 14, 2006
Consett County Durham
I Have to say that Michel's work is excellent especially when you consider the amount of work he puts into the Videos (music,editing, subtitling etc.).
I certainly learned a lot by watching his work (he even makes good use of his mistakes by allowing them to teach us a lesson), and how he overcomes problems.
His traverse of Iceland looks brilliant and it is a shame he's been unable to produce subs for it yet but I'm just grateful that he makes these vids available, anything else is a bonus.
I hope he realises that he is held in high regard by some over here.

Kev

QuartzandTourmalineCrystalsforPercu.jpg

I've gotten fire recently using these tourmaline and quartz crystals in conjunction with char-cloth. I'm going to char some mullein leaves tonight to see if they are good to use as well. Then I can abandon the char-cloth, and eventually hope to use some sort of mineral for a striker instead of modern iron...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE