Fire! Ffffire!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
This has to be a classic fail.
At the recent Northwood meet a stray ember blew out of the fire and nestled itself onto my John Fenna leather pouch containing my brew kit. It went unnoticed for a few minutes and was only put out after a strange smell was detected. What did go unnoticed was the pesky ember had burrowed into my tea bags and was festering away. I was packing up at this point and was about to pack my brew kit away into my pack when I became aware of more smoke and a warm brew pouch.
I now need to order a new pouch of Mr Fenna. Hate to think of the consequences if I had missed it or packed away earlier.uploadfromtaptalk1393259707033.jpg

Cheers
Bodge

Sent from my battle droid

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Trouble is John they are so hardwearing I only need 1 of the big ones to replace the burnt one. Do you have any odd ones knocking about? The base is about 9cm square. But could use one with a base about 10cm and about 27cm tall.

Cheers
Bodge

PM me with your details and a reminder of your needs and I will see what I have - I am tied up with work and courses until next week so I cannot get onto this immediately! :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
so a question is, if you'd limited the oxygen to the bag would you have had a traveling ember that you could control/make last till you wanted it hours later?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Nothing like a "Hot Brew", lucky you noticed but bad luck, still battle scarred kit always makes for good campfire stories! Good luck on the replacement, I'm sure the lovely Mr Pink will get you sorted.

Nothing like a "Hot Brew", lucky you noticed but bad luck, still battle scarred kit always makes for good campfire stories! Good luck on the replacement, I'm sure the lovely Mr Pink will get you sorted.

He's on it!

I may use it for other items but appreciate the protection a leather bag offers to ziploc bags of whitener, sugar and coffee.

Cheers
Bodge

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Its kind of puckered up around the hole and gone brittle.

Ask Mr Fenna for a scrap of material when you buy the new one, turn it in side out.. bit of contact adhesive... little patch.. no problem... and you get to keep a nice bag with a tale to the dragon :)

Last edited:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Send it back as faulty, say it's a natural material that's supposed to be safe around fires, quote loads of consumer legal stuff and say you'll sue him, I'll let you have his address so you can go and sort it out with your mates if you don't get anywhere through the courts :D

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hey Bodge
Will this suit?
For some reason it did not want to post in my PM to you..
.001.jpg
Patching scrap enclosed in the pouch :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Send it back as faulty, say it's a natural material that's supposed to be safe around fires, quote loads of consumer legal stuff and say you'll sue him, I'll let you have his address so you can go and sort it out with your mates if you don't get anywhere through the courts :D

Oh Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks Boss!:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE