Finished some unique Catapults (slingshots)

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
Hi
Just finished the last of my catapults.

cat2.jpg
cat17.jpg
cat24.jpg
cat25.jpg

cat28.jpg
cat31.jpg
made a ball pouch as well
:naughty:

also smelted my own lead balls:lmao:

All feedback welcome

Cheers
Bill

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
looks awesome bro! real tidy finish and that ball bag :)rolleyes:) looks like an armadillo! am I right in thinking tubes have a little less power bands but don't degrade as fast??

how much do these sell for?

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Yeh. You need to make these, and sell them bundled with a bag of home made shot.

Fantastic looking work. Very impressed you made your own lead balls too.

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
looks awesome bro! real tidy finish and that ball bag :)rolleyes:) looks like an armadillo! am I right in thinking tubes have a little less power bands but don't degrade as fast??

how much do these sell for?

Thanks Samon.
The tubes seem to match these types of Catapults well really, the balance and pull weight of them makes for some really accurate shooting, and it’s surprising after a couple of hundred shots how accurate you can get your shots.
I think the gold Thera band strips are slightly more power than tubs, not through experience, just what I have researched, and although I have some band, I have not experimented with it yet; I would say the gold strips could be fixed to these catapults. Also With them being Ali, they are surprisingly light in weight, from only 117g to 149g for the heaviest.
Cheers
Bill

Bumbler

Nomad
Feb 22, 2013
Norway
www.bushcraft.no
Belive it or not, but catapults are illegal in Norway, and the fine to import one is 400£
...but I can get a license for a semi automatic rifle in about 30 minutes.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi Bill,
That's some good looking catapults you made up. I like how you put the balls in the ends of the tubes to keep them in places. Top one mate.

Cheers
Andy

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
Those looks superb, what is your production method? hand casting?
They look sublime, surely those will find a good home!
Yours sincerely Ruud

Hi and thanks
Not hand casted mate.
They have been shaped out of one piece of Ali metal, using rotary files in a drill, with a piece of jab rock araldite on both sides and shaped again with files and emery clothed smooth,
to be fair theres a lot more work than it sounds
Cheers
Bill

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE