Finding Wild camping Spots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

KentishAdam

Nov 15, 2020
Lordswood
Hi all.

As my username suggests I’m in Kent. I was wondering how people go about finding local spots to wild camp or even getting permission to go onto farmland woods?
Any helpful advice and info is much appreciated. Thanks!

Reactions: MariusD

massa

Tenderfoot
Feb 1, 2021
Wales
Hi Adam welcome to the forum buddy.... we have plenty of camping spots here in Wales :) in the valley and brecon beacons woodland abs many more .... if you come to Wales you are most welcome brother

Perci117

Jan 21, 2021
Yorkshire
Hello Adam, im a new member here also. But already a huge fan.

Was wondering the same around Yorkshire. For wild camping I use the peaks and sometimes the lakes. I've never been collared but always keep a low profile and never leave a trace.

Woods is a bit different. I need to start asking local farmers and land owners see what I can find. Looking forward to writing a few letters and seeing what happens really

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Hi and welcome to the forum

Mod hat on.

Just to confirm your meaning of the term 'wild camping'.
The first meaning is camping in an area other than a commercial campsite with the landowners permission.
The second option is to camp somewhere without the landowners permission.

I presume, as you are in Kent, you do not mean the latter definition as that would most likely be illegal and therefore would not be discussed on BCUK.

Instead, you may wish to talk about how to obtain landowner permission for areas close to you or, you could ask about potential visits to other areas where 'without landowner permission' is legal.

Please bear in mind BCUK is an open forum and so cannot and will not condone illegal and/or irresponsible behavior.

Many thanks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE