Finally finished!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have spent the past two days making these two sheaths and now they are finally finished, I am chuffed to bits that I achieved this.:D

100_2647.jpg

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
very neat those, one question; Was there any particular reason for drilling rather than using an awl?

not a criticism,just curious- I did exactly the same with some of my bits and pieces, but find I prefer the awl.

really very smart.
best wishes
R.B.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
:22:
very neat those, one question; Was there any particular reason for drilling rather than using an awl?

not a criticism,just curious- I did exactly the same with some of my bits and pieces, but find I prefer the awl.

really very smart.
best wishes
R.B.

I don't have an awl!!:naughty: :D
And its probably quicker!:22:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have to plead guilty on teaching Greg about drilling the holes!
It is my prefered method - I find an awl too much like hard work - and Greg asked me to show him how I do things...admittedly it is not the most Bushy of practices, but it works!
I actually copied the idea from the R W Barney and R W Loveless book "How to make knives" and a couple of other sources.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE