Film About Mike Tomkies who Lived Alone in Scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Here are two films about the life of Mike Tomkies. For those that don’t know him he gave up the life of a journalist interviewing and writing about Hollywood showbiz folks to live alone in a remote cottage in Scotland studying the wildlife around him. Mostly known for his years spent in Scotland he has otherwise led an interesting life, running off to join the Guards as a teenager, working on fishing boats and lumber yards, becoming a showbiz writer then turning his back on it to travel across Canada in a milk float to build a log cabin. Something to watch over the bank holiday, have a nice one.

[video=youtube;zDRW8HOygD0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDRW8HOygD0[/video]

[video=youtube;yyGVZtvsID8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyGVZtvsID8[/video]

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Cheers for posting them up Joonsy, I was talking about the very chap in the lonelyness thread last night. Love his books and he was a bit of a hero of mine. Will watch these when I get into town.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Cheers for posting them up Joonsy, I was talking about the very chap in the lonelyness thread last night. Love his books and he was a bit of a hero of mine. Will watch these when I get into town.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Thanks Joonsy

You're most welcome, thankyou Goatboy and Barn Owl, i enjoyed the film very much myself as well, to anyone that's read his books it's nice to hear him talk in the flesh so to speak, i read his earlier books way back in the 1980s when they first came out and he was an inspiratation for me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE