Field mushrooms

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stratts

Forager
Nov 2, 2010
Yaxley, Peterborough
Is it too early for field mushrooms to be out. There are some in a field that used to have cattle in at work that look like them but I thought it may be too early?

Cheers

fungi2bwith

Feb 27, 2008
hampshire
I found a large ring of field mushrooms two days ago. Mushrooms can ocurr out of season especiallly after heavy rain. I have also seen,fairy ring champignon, wood blewits and chicken of the woods in thelast two days.

Garry

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
Yep, also found some field shrooms on top of the southdowns last week. Pink gills may also mean a fibber cap but more photos would be good

Androo

Nomad
Dec 8, 2010
NW UK
I echo the above. It is generally the wrong season to be finding 'field mushrooms' - assuming you mean Agaricus campestris?, but I too have seen some typically autumnal species out in the past few weeks. If it's not St Georges, then it could be one of a myriad of Lepista's (Blewits), or something from Agaricus genus, would love to see some pics/find out what it is you have!

And wow, CotW out already? I'd best get me basket out and start checking my spots!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE