fibreglass tent poles wanted for project

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
hi guys im needing two or four fibreglass tent poles as thick and long as possible or two top sections of solid fibreglass fishing rods not hollow glass ive a fair bit of tackle to trade cheers guys.

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
They make good toggles for using in your marlin spike hitches on your hammock, cut to about 3" lengths of course !

The thicker 11mm or so ones do anyway, wouldn't want much if any thinner for that.

Cheers, Paul

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
am wanting poles for a slightly different project matey but thanks for the advice GB

They make good toggles for using in your marlin spike hitches on your hammock, cut to about 3" lengths of course !

The thicker 11mm or so ones do anyway, wouldn't want much if any thinner for that.

Cheers, Paul

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
still looking for more fibreglass tent poles or solid fibreglass round or square bar. ive been offered some but not sure how much am going to need.
any help guys??

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Got to go outdoors and ask if you can have a rummage in their spares bin. Check what's on offer first then come up with an odd measurement not in stock. They usually let you take one or two for free.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
not at the store near me kind sir the staff there once refused me to use the loo and ive got a radar card at that!!
but thank you for the advice im looking to make a take down bow to be perfectly frank and ive got a really good idea how to do it just struggling with solid glass fibre most you find is hollow so I thought of mixing some bibreglass resin and soaking thin nylon cord in it the pulling it up the hollow core hey presto solid fibre glass the core will stop the glass from shattering when under bow pressure tension in theory

Got to go outdoors and ask if you can have a rummage in their spares bin. Check what's on offer first then come up with an odd measurement not in stock. They usually let you take one or two for free.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
not at the store near me kind sir the staff there once refused me to use the loo and ive got a radar card at that!!
but thank you for the advice im looking to make a take down bow to be perfectly frank and ive got a really good idea how to do it just struggling with solid glass fibre most you find is hollow so I thought of mixing some bibreglass resin and soaking thin nylon cord in it the pulling it up the hollow core hey presto solid fibre glass the core will stop the glass from shattering when under bow pressure tension in theory

Well you aint too far away from a number of camping shops. I'd keep trying. Have you tried towsure in sheffield?

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
You need be getting too s festival near you on the last day pal n rinse all the left over tents.you'll have a stack I pokes but end of day

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE