FGYT/Siberianfury Full Tang leuku

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
Two years ago i designed a camp knife, mainly as a jack of all trades knife, a one tool option if you will. designed to be able to carve, hack, chop, split ect. recently FGYT took on the design and made a blank in 4mm O1 tool steel. well it arrived last week and i have just got round to handling it.

The origional plan was to use some beautiful Elm burl scales kindly Donated by Gary mills, unfortunatly i was a little to hasty and messed up the countersink on one of the scales, they will now be used for a stacked handle i have in the making. so insted i sawed up some curly birch into scales, and here is the finished result.

axes045.jpg

axes044.jpg

axes046.jpg

axes047.jpg

its surprisingly comfortable in the hand, the balance point is located just on the choil. the blade starts narrow to aid fine carving, but fills out towards the end to give it some chopping weight. the blade is around 8" in length and the handle is 4.3" in length.

anyway i hope you like it

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Very cool Josh! really like the shape of the blade, does the bevel change towards the tip? any chance of a in hand shot for scale please(remember those nails!!) hahahahaha .

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Erm - confused.....
"Choil - a cut out indent on the blade, usually big enough for a finger on a fixed blade, but often just a "nick" on a folding knife" Pat Farey 'Knives - an illustrated encyclopedia of knives for fighting, hunting and survival'
Your gorgeous knife does not seem to have this feature...so where is the balance point?
Is it on the "Ricasso" "A flat unbevelled part of the blade between the tang and the edged portion of the blade" (same source of definition) or the "finger grip, sometimes confusingly called a choil" (same source) which your knife handle barely has either....
It is a great looking knife whatever!

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
Very cool Josh! really like the shape of the blade, does the bevel change towards the tip? any chance of a in hand shot for scale please(remember those nails!!) hahahahaha .

cheers dude, yeah the bevel is higher nearer the handle for carving and woodwork, then it gets slightly lower and thicker near the main belly on the knife for chopping, on the tip the bevel is very acute for strength, cutting or chizzeling ect, not that i would probably use it for that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE