few knives ive handled etc

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Since i worked out how to share pictures i thought i would share these;

I appreciate the photo quality isnt great - next job to get beter at taking the snaps, especially since they look much better in the flesh than on here. Well i would think that wouldnt i!?

But comments welcomed!

3 very different knifes for friends;

Small sami 'cheese knife' (yes the F is supposed to look like that)

IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

Long handled fruit knife
Magnusfruit.jpg

blade for the boys

[imgl]http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr278/timbadger/hobbys/CIMG0253.jpg[/img]
CIMG0255.jpg

I have a few more that have been and gone without pictures but its a start!

:)

found another one - most recent one - hawthorn, cherry and blackthorn with antler on smaller Brusletto blade (nice little all purpose knife)
PB080230.jpg

PB080231.jpg

PB040227.jpg

is that better Brancho ;-)

Last edited:

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
oh the small cheese knife is a sami blade of about 7" - so its small in relative sami terms not actually a 'small' knife.

the rings on the other are a combination of leather spacers and where there are natural faults in the wood which have been filed flat and put in cross grain. (mainly cherry).

Im really proud of these and both are given to very good friends, its a bit of a pity neither are really outdoorsy so the knifes will never see their true potential in some ways, really likeing the Helle blades though. Pritty, tought and well made, i do need to get my stitching a bit neater though for the sheaths...its not so obvious in the hand but lets them down a touch when seen here

Ive started keeping bits and peices of damaged wood as it can have the most amasing intricate structure. And i dont mean damaged as in going to fall appart! (i just know someone will say that)..

The 'fruit' knife is all hedgerow fruit wood, blackthorn, hawthorn, cherry and and 'old/spalted' cherry - shame abut this pic, i must have some better ones someplace..

Just to note all the work is done by hand - no power tools at all, not bragging just to show that people can make functional and hopefully attractive peices with nothing more then a knife and some sand paper, although a b*stard or dreadnaught file does help. So go on have a go!

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
They look really nice Tim. Your pictures dont do them justice though so get that camera out!

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Yeah unfortunately they are scattered around the country now, just realised the damascus Sighn Daub i dont think i have any pictures of - hmm a lesson there take pics of the things you do, cos you'll forget what it was that you did and have to re-learn it everytime!

Last edited:

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
thats awesome, i love the smaller blades, and the handle on that last one is beautifull.............

good work......(thinks about getting the grinder out)..

chris.....

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
This is quite nice but the only one I looked as I hate having to follow links to see pictures Look HERE to find out post them so they van be seen

IMG_0850.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE