Fenna !!!!!!!!!!!!

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
So how would we ideally like it modelled, then? I'm surprised theres not been a photoshopped phaerie appear yet ;) Poor John x

Argghhh cross post, I didn't mean modelling the sheeweesheath! Pass the mindbleach, please ;)

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Seriously, whats wrong with it?

Is it an "afraid to be be seen to be less than macho" thing?

I can't see whats sillier...a camo knife that gets lost - or a bright knife thats hard to lose?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Seriously, whats wrong with it?

Is it an "afraid to be be seen to be less than macho" thing?

I can't see whats sillier...a camo knife that gets lost - or a bright knife thats hard to lose?

It's like when we sold the Brasher boots in pink, with the furry ankle and diamonte in the sole. Every one went YUCK, but as one dad said and was proved right "If it gets my young teenage daughter out there wereing proper kit I don't care about the colour"

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Nothing at all, just pure amuesment factor for because he's a big beardy bloke :) And really seriously, a combination sheath and sheewee would be brilliant, I'm all for 1 tool for many jobs/ added convenience :)
There is just sooooo much in here for the Carry On Bushcraft movie!
I'm thinking Ian Lavender for the Uncle Ray part......:hatscarf: and Brian Blessed for the JF character?
Simon

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
My point exactly Goatboy.

As Mary says - its non threatening. Maybe girls like it. Maybe guys buy it because it can't get lost.

I like it

(Seriously)

Macho has no place in Bushcraft

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
My point exactly Goatboy.

As Mary says - its non threatening. Maybe girls like it. Maybe guys buy it because it can't get lost.

I like it

(Seriously)

Macho has no place in Bushcraft

I actually have the Mora Safety in orange

1357829456_09.jpg

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yep, its really not that much different Dave - except for machismo of course. Its not my speed, but I would buy one for Sam who, although girly, ,akes a mean campfire breakfast, If it makes her feel good about a tool - why the hell not?

I know a VERY pretty lass with an action rifle in pink furniture! I'm not going to argue with someone who blats 5" targets, standing, at 300 yards!

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
It does confuse me this stuff. I'm amazed by the people who will pay a mint for a "good" kitchen knife, but have stainless moras that get used twice a year!

They are corking knives - so use them.

I'm embarassed to admit that my workshop Mora is one of those 4.99 jobs. I run it over an Aldi wheel now and again - its as rough as a badgers armpit - but it slices a fertiliser sack like a razor!

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I don't think it's about 'being macho', it's an unusal colour that not everyone will like. Practically it makes sense, as nothing natural is that colour here.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Honestly do you not think so Samon? We don't turn a hair at the other vivd colours because they prevent it getting lost, but enter pink and ooooh no.

Sorry but I smell macho BS

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE