Fenix LD01 Cree Q5 Anyone tried it

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GST138

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2007
North Yorks
Hi
I am thinking of spending some of my hard earned on the above, I have an Inoxa X5 and Streamlight scorpion, but would like something a bit smaller to go in my pocket. Anyone tried this, how does the light compare to the others I have?, and is it worth the cash.

Thanks

Brendan

Nomad
Dec 1, 2004
Surrey UK
You will be better off to go with a Surefire E1B lots more bang for the buck.
and Smaller overall

Not sure how you work that out, both 80 lumens max output and the Fenix is a third of the price of the surefire and 75mm compared with 100mm long!

I use LD01 as EDC and it fits down the side of my wave pouch with a spare AAA and mini lighter the other side, great mini flashlight IMO.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Aye im just about to buy some of these myself, the reviews so far seem good.

Mabinogion

Dec 23, 2008
Carmarthenshire
depends what you want to use it for. not sure about the LD01 but i have a fenix E01 as an edc and highly recommend it. i also have an ultrafire c3 cree which which i got from dealtextreme and is very good and very bright, about 120 lumens with variable brightness levels. can send pics for comparison if you like.

Alex

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
While there is no doubt that Surefire make a higher quality light, I am not convinced that most people need that additional build quality, and you most certainly do pay for it.

Surefire E1B, seen for $90 - $149 (found one in the UK for £96.99)
http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main...=6&prrfnbr=24511&sesent=0,0&search_id=1255203
Now this is a tail switched light running on a single CR123A.

The Fenix LD01 isn't a direct comparison since it has a twist switch and runns on a single AAA. Oh, and its only about £30.

Personally I have been very happy with my LD10, which runs on a single AA and has a tail switch (which I much prefer to twisting things) but its not really a key chain light. The Fenix lights are good and as a representative of the type, I would expect the LD01 to be good, I just don't get on with lights quite that small, unless they are the really tiny watch battery/key ring LEDs.

You might try asking the same question over on British Blades as there are a lot of torch fanciers over there too:lmao:

GST138

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2007
North Yorks
Well I did it, the fenix is great, tiny, puts out more light than my Inova x5 and probably as good as my Streamlight scorpion without the massive price of batteries, I think I will be getting other lights from Fenix.

Hicup

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 25, 2007
London
I purchased Fenix PD20 this week, stunning little torch takes one CR123A lithium battery -what i like about it so much it has a click on/off button at the back, ideal EDC.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE