February Moot 2018 - Cancelled

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
We have now canceled this event. Sorry for any inconvinience

Details of the Winter Moot

Winter Moot
7th - 11th Feb (or day tickets)
New Forest, near Brockenhurst
Cost £70 covering 10am Wed - 2pm Sunday
Day ticket £20

The Winter Moot is a new event that we've introduced to give you the opportunity to camp during the winter amongst friends and for us to share our knowledge and learn from each other.

This Moot will focus on cooking, particularly over the weekend, so, Friday evening, all Sat and Sunday morning we will cook together, share knowledge and learn new skills from each other. Please note that this is not instructor lead but rather a knowledge sharing event.

::Updated above::
We're thinking of putting a February Moot together (this coming Feb in 2018) and I'm interested in getting your views and thoughts on it.

At the moment we're looking at using the same site as the big summer Moot, rent the place for a week, anyone can come and camp, use the facilities etc. We'll make sure there's firewood available. I'm thinking some would like to come for the week and others just for a few days or the weekend. I don't think that we'll have a workshop timetable setup like we do for the big Moot but we may have a theme that we share skills on, at the moment that's going to be 'Cooking' and run over the weekend. That would allow us to share ideas, food, show each other skills ranging from fire lighting to dutch oven cooking etc.

For those that have been to the Summer Moot before we'd probably use the big sandy area by the main building as a gathering area for skill sharing.

Not sure on costs yet.

I expect Mr Fenna would like to come but will feel the cold so may need to be sponsored with a nice warm sleeping bag, in pink of course.

Any thoughts, ideas etc are welcome...

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I was given a pink sleeping bag one year - thank you - but it ended up going to refugees in Syria!
I would love to come for the week but would need to assess finances/work/health first ...

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Sorry will have to pass "this" year as grandchild due around then and I am earmarked to tend the rest!!
August mind, that's a whole other deal.
Really hope it does take off as I hope to be around for the 2019 version

Reactions: bbdave

Trotsky

It looks as though the provisional dates given for both the Dragon Rally and the February Moot tie in well. The Dragon being on the two days before the Moot. It would give me a 190ish mile ride down the length of Wales from the Conwy area through Snowdonia and the Brecon Beacons. Certainly worse ways to spend a long week in February! :-D

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Work permitting, we'd be up for this! Might have to be a long weekend rather than the full week though.
And certainly no lack of cold-weather gear in this household. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE