Fauxton Mini Torches

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
Somebodys got to do it, so why not me :rolleyes:

Over on BB we have just had a Group Buy of photon style torches

So I have quite a few available to trade :cool:

Not interested in cash, just to trade for something :p

Anything considered :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
What's the going rate for a photon? and what sort of things would you be interested in? Straight swap for kit, or the materials for making your own?

Cheers,
Toddy

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
If these are the ones from ZDP's group buy they are not photon brand lights which cost £11 -15 but very similar (in both look and performance).

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
tomtom said:
If these are the ones from ZDP's group buy they are not photon brand lights which cost £11 -15 but very similar (in both look and performance).

Thats very true TomTom, I will amend my post ;)

Did'nt you buy some as well :lmao: If not I have loads :D

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
What is the actual worth of these photon style torches? They certainly aren’t anywhere close to being as expensive as real photons and members need to be made aware of their true value before they commit to a trade

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
On average they retail for between £1 and £1-25 and sometimes more

This said the wholesale price was less, mind you myself and the others had to buy them in bags of fifty.

If for what ever reason this breaks any forum trade rules, let me know and I will withdraw this swap :rolleyes:

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Phil562 said:
If for what ever reason this breaks any forum trade rules, let me know and I will withdraw this swap :rolleyes:

it doesn’t appear to break any of the rules, but there seems to be a little confusion over the value of these items and some may mistakenly think that they are worth the £10+ of the genuine photons.

this confusion might result in people offering for trade, items of perceived equal value (£10+) only to be disappointed when they receive a torch with an actual value of only £1

to avoid this disappointment it is good practice to state the actual value of the item so that people can judge it against the value of the item the intend to swap

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
Stuart said:
to avoid this disappointment it is good practice to state the actual value of the item so that people can judge it against the value of the item the intend to swap

Good point, if this not in the swap sticky, then maybe it should be ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE