Faux Gras

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I'm going to try that one :)

Granose make a really nice mushroom pate but it comes in tiny wee tins.
Oh I remember that. Often took it camping , great with oatcakes for lunch. Can't get it round here, but I like the suma mushroom (and vegetable pate)in tubes, which I can get. Comes a good close second to the granose in taste.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Sounds lovely! Not sure it has any resemblance to actual pâté de foie gras though.
It’s from an excellent chef though. One of the best dinners I have ever eaten was at Restaurant Gauthier in Soho for my 40th birthday. They do a “herbivore” menu and an “omnivore” menu, although many of the plant based dishes appear on both. I’ll certainly be giving it a try for Christmas. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Toddy

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Sounds lovely! Not sure it has any resemblance to actual pâté de foie gras though.
It’s from an excellent chef though. One of the best dinners I have ever eaten was at Restaurant Gauthier in Soho for my 40th birthday. They do a “herbivore” menu and an “omnivore” menu, although many of the plant based dishes appear on both. I’ll certainly be giving it a try for Christmas. Thanks for sharing.

Do you mean the look? I think you can blend it smoother if thats what you mean - One could probably add a little veg friendly gelatin to enhance the homogenous nature somewhat.

Reactions: plastic-ninja

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Do you mean the look? I think you can blend it smoother if thats what you mean - One could probably add a little veg friendly gelatin to enhance the homogenous nature somewhat.
Real foie gras is very pink & super smooth. I guess you could push it through a fine sieve to make it smooth.
I rather like the look of it but I was a bit curious as to why they called it after foie gras. It doesn’t really look like it & I doubt it tastes like it either. Sounds like it would have much deeper flavour to be honest.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE