Father's Day

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
I remember hearing a story of a daughter asking a father what he wanted for Father's day, he said a jigsaw. Every year she asked and he replied the same. Soon the top of his wardrobe was stacked with jigsaws of every size with different pictures on the front. And the wood he wanted to cut in his shed was still being cut by hand instead of the Black & Decker jigsaw he asked for every year.

Wishing whatever you get will be given with love. Have a good one with the kids.

i think I will send him that by email. Since im far away from my parents now it's harder. Maybe I can include a link to an online jigsaw..

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Got a couple of compact walking poles,fisher space pen with yellow barrel as I keep losing my bullet,mora 510 and clipper from uncle rays site.

Went a walk down L Doon and saw Adder and a baby Ringed Plover.(had an Otter only feet away on R Ayr the other nigh t)

Watching Mtv classic dad rock with some Guinness.

All in all a nice wee weekend.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
I,m just back from a pleasant wee day out with my better half and my two boys , i got taken for lunch, a card and some toiletries from the boys and my good lady got me a new bottle of smelly ysl eau de toilette and a new panasonic lumix TZ9 digi camera:D so i,ve been a lucky fella today ,also still playing with my full length unsponsored underquilt i got for myself its the Bizz .

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I,m just back from a pleasant wee day out with my better half and my two boys , i got taken for lunch, a card and some toiletries from the boys and my good lady got me a new bottle of smelly ysl eau de toilette and a new panasonic lumix TZ9 digi camera:D so i,ve been a lucky fella today ,also still playing with my full length unsponsored underquilt i got for myself its the Bizz .

New camera at last Gill,well done.;)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Sorry to hear that, don't have anything I can say to help really.
Time yet? day's not over.

Atb mate.

Not going to hold my breath...

They're both old enough to be responsible for making their own decisions about things like this so I'll just let them get on with their life now.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Some nice cuddles from the bairn and a promise of a posh steak dinner in couple of weeks - will do nicely.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
My daughter came through; dinner at Cracker Barrel restaurant with her, her fiance and 9 year old son.

seraphim

Dec 19, 2010
Ratae Corieltauvorum
A lie in and not being thrown up on but it was 6am as usual! Not that I'm complaining, she's only 18 weeks old and she was all smiles and I got to spend the day with her instead of being at work as it was sunday so that's exactly what I wanted!

Oh, and a day without rain so I could do the garden! SWMBO took me and her dad out for a fathers day curry which was very thoughtful of her, as it meant no washing up! All in all a result!

Forgot, got my own dad a couple of rather nice Australian 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon's which we'll drink next week!

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Id like my father to do as hes told.

Like stop mucking round doing work for the chapel, get out and get a girlfriend.

Oh, and get his house tidied.

And give those scrap cars and vans of his to me. So I can raise some funds to do up my own. (Ill let him keep the Bentley...But he will have to work on it)

Notice I always have the time for him. He told me that working for the chapel is very important. Hes retired so he has nothing important to do anymore, bar maybe improving his life.

One day I will be away at uni and he wont have me anymore.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Id like my father to do as hes told.

Like stop mucking round doing work for the chapel, get out and get a girlfriend.

Oh, and get his house tidied.

And give those scrap cars and vans of his to me. So I can raise some funds to do up my own. (Ill let him keep the Bentley...But he will have to work on it)

Notice I always have the time for him. He told me that working for the chapel is very important. Hes retired so he has nothing important to do anymore, bar maybe improving his life.

One day I will be away at uni and he wont have me anymore.

LOL. I don't remember who first said it but the quote goes something like this: "By the time a man realizes his father may have been right is when he has a son who thinks he is wrong."

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE