Father's Day

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
My daughter asked me what I wanted, ain't got a clue, what would you lot like? ........and not off my daughter. :)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
What would I like in general? A Yaesu FT 957D amateur radio.
What would I like that my daughter can actually afford? Just to spend the day with her; maybe a movie and supper.

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
I would like a sleep in for fathers day, I know its not much to ask but thats what I want.

Don't think I have much of the chance though, got a 5 year old and 3 year old, they like to get up early and make noise :p

Enjoy it while you can. They grow up far too quick these days.

I'd like a Landrover 80 full equiped as a mobile radio shack but I'll probably end up with some nice bottled beers :eek:

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I don't want anything and likewise my own father doesn't.
It's "Clinton cards day" as he calls it and I agree that it's just commercial pap.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
I'd like to be able to say "You were right, dad". Unfortunately he died in 1974, a little while before I'd figured that out.

My father too, ged, in the May that year, I usually get clothing off my daughter whether I want it or not, when I tell the kids to just buy me some fishing hooks, it goes over their heads.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
I think fathers day is a great chance to pay someone that usually gets taken for granted the attention that they deserve!! I'm taking my old fella on a wild camp (which he's never done before) which will make his day I hope. As for me my nipper (with the aid of mum) is looking at getting me a BSA airsporter .22 for me to have a plink with so i'm feeling pretty appreciated myself lol

Dave

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Going camping with the family this weekend. Ideal present would be for the kids to pack all the kit away on Sunday.

Odds of that happening are about the same as the odds of the sun shining this weekend.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
My father too, ged, in the May that year, I usually get clothing off my daughter whether I want it or not, when I tell the kids to just buy me some fishing hooks, it goes over their heads.

Mine too. I'm now 4 years older than he was when he died in 1984 aged 45 of cancer. Scary thought indeed. My step-Dad's not bad, he means well, but we're poles apart. I bought him the boxed set of It Ain't Half Hot Mum on DVD. It's what he wanted

As for my own daughters, it'd be nice to get a phone call. Since the divorce I haven't had so much as a birthday card, though we are in touch a lot. Sending cards is such a chore for them, it's emails nowadays. Letters? Forget it, they're obsolete to the current generation. Nope not bitter though.

I remember hearing a story of a daughter asking a father what he wanted for Father's day, he said a jigsaw. Every year she asked and he replied the same. Soon the top of his wardrobe was stacked with jigsaws of every size with different pictures on the front. And the wood he wanted to cut in his shed was still being cut by hand instead of the Black & Decker jigsaw he asked for every year.

Wishing whatever you get will be given with love. Have a good one with the kids.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
I'd like a fun day out with my Daughter and to see her laugh and smile loads... That and a nice bottle of something bought by her Mum (daughter only 21months old!).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE