Fancy being buried under a Tree?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
You'd likely starve first, then the lack of energy from food would get you very slowly. Plus your unmoving limbs would get frostbite then gangrene, which would quickly spread to the rest of your body. If you ask me, there's little to choose between them :nono:

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
It depends on a lot of things... including how cold it is! But from the accounts I have read, you would starve then freeze, although of course both would be going on at the same time. Plus the gangrene would be going on etc... it's impossible to say, it depends on so much. :?:

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
A pretty morbid conversation!

Hopefully i won't have to worry about it for a good few years...:yikes: :wink:

Cheers. :biggthump

Fluxus

Forager
Jan 23, 2004
heaven
I would like to be composted - spread on the allotment - (sprouts?) and indirectly eaten by my family at christmas.

gillmacca

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
Swindon
When i go, i would like to pass away in the Canadian/American Wilderness, someone where hardly anybody goes, so that when my body decomposes and finally nothing is left, I (or at least my body) will be free in the wilderness, and if ghosts are real, then maybe I will be able to roam the wilderness

Ranger Bob

Nomad
Aug 21, 2004
Suffolk
gillmacca said:
When i go, i would like to pass away in the Canadian/American Wilderness, someone where hardly anybody goes, so that when my body decomposes and finally nothing is left, I (or at least my body) will be free in the wilderness, and if ghosts are real, then maybe I will be able to roam the wilderness
yes!

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
gillmacca said:

Actually, that sounds like a plan...:biggthump

gillmacca

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
Swindon
Rollnick said:
Actually, that sounds like a plan...:biggthump

Only problem is knowing when I am going to die. Don't think the respective governments would allow me to go into the wilderness at a really old age

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
But you can get your ashes spread about the wilderness surely?

brucemacdonald

Forager
Jul 5, 2004
right here
I have always liked the final scene in the film "Dark Star" where, having seen their starship blown up by a nuclear explosion, the last two survivors are blown apart. One joins a group of asteroids; the other surfs his way to a fiery death on entering the atmosphere of the planet below.

One of the last lines in the film is, "What a beautiful way to die, as a falling star". I have always been interested in space so perhaps in the not-too-distant future someone will offer a service where ashes are sent up in a rocket, and scattered in space to re-enter the Earth's atmosphere as a meteor shower.

Other than that, ecoburial is the most likely option for me.

I don't think this is a morbid thread; as bushcrafters we should know that everything has a course to run and that death is inevitable. Our society tries to sanitise the whole thing but really it is just a normal part of nature.

Best wishes

Bruce

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Dont know about being buried under a tree.

However, I frequently see , in the woods, small tokens of commemoration to folk who spent a lot of time there.

Very touching.... , makes me think of the others who,ve enjoyed the place.

Seagull

Fluxus

Forager
Jan 23, 2004
heaven
brucemacdonald said:
perhaps in the not-too-distant future someone will offer a service where ashes are sent up in a rocket, and scattered in space to re-enter the Earth's atmosphere as a meteor shower.

Other than that, ecoburial is the most likely option for me.

bit of a leap between the most atmospherically destructive thing you could think of and being eaten by our friends the soil bacteria.

bushcraft vs. spacecraft ?
showdown!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE