Fallkniven DC3/4 durability

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
I know these are quite popular, and in fact have one myself.
What I would like to know is this: how durable is the ceramic side of these sharpeners? Does it ever wear out?

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I've been using mine for about 10 years now (it's the old type with the silver diamond plate) and it just keeps going. I'd hate to be without it.

Dave

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Thanks guys. I've only had mine a short time and haven't used it all that much yet, but plan to keep it in my pack as a field sharpener. While I realize that diamonds do wear with use, getting progressively finer, I had no idea as to the longevity of the ceramic side. It seems that it'll probably outlast me.:)

What grit are they BB? And how do they rank in terms of use? Sorry if it's a bit of a liberty.

Grit? Hmmm, I've no idea, so I did a bit of searching and found this old thread. Post #13 has some good information http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35819
There's nothing like the voice of experience, and Mr. Claycomb has far more than I.;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE