F/S - Bushcooker + Titanium Decagon Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nige7whit

Forager
Feb 10, 2009
Brize Norton / Midlands (rest)
**SOLD to Welshwhit **

I have for sale a used, but excellent condition Bushcooker stove, and a Vargo Decagon Titanium meths stove.

The stove has lived in a billy can, so no damage, stainless steel construction, so no rust (but has been used, so soot deposits in places).

Most of you will be aware of the Bushcooker, made by Qvist Outdoor, in Holland, and sold in the UK by Backpackinglight.com, it's a wood burner, using the principle of wood gasification, to burn the wood more efficiently than simply piling the wood, and lighting it.

The item page at Backpackinglight: http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/product398.asp

This gives info about the stove, and how wood gasification works.

The stove does work remarkably well, getting a litre of water to a good boil with little trouble, and giving off very little smoke (another feature of wood gasification). It does leave a layer of soot on the bottom of a billy can, but this is to be expected from any wood burner, I guess.

Also on offer in this sale is the Vargo Decagon Titanium meths stove, which is featured on Backpackinglight, as a featured accessory for this stove, fitting neatly into the recess at the top of the stove, for transport purposes.

The decagon is a small stove, and is best suited to a quick brew, about 500ml of water, rather than a litre.

The whole kit will pack away into a billy can of 1100ml or larger, depending on brand, but it definitely fits the Tibetan Titanium 1100 pot.

Finally, I'll throw in an opened pack of Hammaro tinder card, impregnated stuff for lighting wood stoves.

The Bushcooker is currently selling new at £55, and the Decagon at £20, so a new total of £75 before postage.

My price - how about £45 for the whole lot, including postage (UK only)? Paypal preferred.

Would prefer to sell as a set, but might split......

Bushcooker_open.jpg

Bushcooker_closed.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE