Exotac firesleeve

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Thanks for the link. It looks interesting but it didn't make me want to buy one as soon as I saw it. I bookmarked the page and will no doubt be back to have another look.

It is intriguing.

I currently carry my lighter in a ziplock bag, sealed in a larger Aloksak with the rest of my survival gear. To decide whether to switch from my current system, I would consider these criteria:

1 - Price
2 - Effectiveness (rain/damp)
3 - Effectiveness (submersion)
4 - Effectiveness (protection from mechanical damage while inside my pack)
5 - Durability (how long it will last before needing replacement)
6 - Weight
7 - The Environment (I will eventually throw away my plastic bags)

The question for me is which of the above 7 items does the new product do better?...

- Woodsorrel

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I have some rubber "boots" that attach mini bics to keyrings etc. My lady wife has used one for years keeping a mini bic on a key ring. Its a very useful thing for her. This new one has a lot of additional features and so, price depending, I would buy one for her. Me, I keep a lighter in the pocket with my knife, and since it isn't a bic, its not right for me. I have an exotac firesteel on my keys though - excellent bit of kit.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
If they end up at £9.99 it might make a small birthday gift. Over £10 would seem.....excessive.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nice idea but pricey for what it is. The standard boot would work fine enough.

Yep, the standard boot waterproofs the head (if you put it in head first), holds the lighter, protects against accidental gas release etc.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
BIC make a handful of different cases for their lighters. Like all metal zippo style flip top ones, but they just don't seem to market them over here.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE