Everyday boots recommendations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Morning kind folk
im after a new pair of boots for everyday use so walking the dogs, sourcing timber, in the workshop, woods etc, il probably were these 9 hours a day so must be comfy, I won't be doing no heavy hiking in these so don't need hiking type boots, I'm after leather not too heavy either lace or slip on, iv been looking at blundstone again or there's something like brashers maybe,
any ideas thanks

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
I've been wearing my Magnum Amazon desert suede boots as well as the leather version for exactly as you describe for over a year now. I'm very happy with them.

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
ive been using the £20 go outdoors boots for everything form walking, camping, around town shopping and at work as a mechanic, cant fault them tbh, quite light and very comfortable

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Caterpillar boots for every day use. Not cheap but each pair lasts me atleast two years until they need replacing.

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
I'm now using hitec magnums.very comfy.50 quid in go outdoors

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
For years I lived in hitec magnums, destroying 3 pairs over about a decade.

These days my goto boot for everything that you describe (and more) is in fact an approach shoe - North Face Hedgehog. Much more comfortable. They don't have any protection that a proper boot might have, but as long as you aren't in a habit of dropping things on your foot, should be OK. I have a pair of magnum work boots, a 6" pair with toe caps that I was issued for use on Duty. They are nowhere near as comfy as my hedgehogs.

J

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Cheers for all the recommendations chaps, il have a good look at them tonight, I generally don't buy hiking or tactical looking boots for daily use but il have a good look thanks

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
http://www.denbigharmysurplus.co.uk/army-stores/Army-Boots.html

I bought a pair of these about two months ago, and although they took a week or two to wear in, they've turned out to be great for exactly the purposes you describe. They're made in the UK by Britton boots, and have the old-style DMS sole as opposed to the carp compound soles that disintegrate and make the army boots so uncomfortable. I've now done a good few ten milers with the dog in the wet, and I've been dry and comfortable; all I've done is treat 'em a few times with ordinary dubbin and they're great.

For £45 I think you have to go some to beat these for general knocking about. Hope this helps. :)

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I been wearing Hoggs of Fife steel toecap dealer boots for about 6 months now for work and walking the dog in the morning. Very impressed so far :)

Blaidd

Nomad
Jun 23, 2013
UK
I always have the same problem with steel toecaps in that the edge of the toecap rubs the joint on my big toe so badly I can hardly wear them. Is that a problem with my toes or the boots? Doesn't seem to make a difference which brand. Is this a stupid question?

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
It'd be a stupid question if you didn't ask it! I have feet like that - always been the same; any make of safety boot and the end of the steel rubs and cuts into the base of my big toe, but only on my right foot. I've met many paople over the years with the same problem in one or the other foot, rarely both. Don't wear 'em, you'll ruin your feet!

Men of my father's generation called them Gutter Mallets, or Gravel Crushers....................:)

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
IMO you can't go wrong with a pair of Rossi boots (as long as you have wide feet). Although these are made as farmer's work boots, they have thick, high quality leather that will mould to your feet and last a very long time.
Unfortunately hard to get in the UK. My pair were bought in Australia 6 years ago and are getting completely worn out.

900_Parkes.jpg

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
I've been wearing timberland earth keepers since December. I've been wearing them 6 days a week and they have solved all the problems I had with my feet over the last few years.
I had been wearing light walking boots or Merrel shoes and getting very painful feet. I was advised to switch to flat soled boots and they have really done the trick.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
I've been wearing timberland earth keepers since December. I've been wearing them 6 days a week and they have solved all the problems I had with my feet over the last few years.
I had been wearing light walking boots or Merrel shoes and getting very painful feet. I was advised to switch to flat soled boots and they have really done the trick.
That's interesting, I normaly wear slip ons and I tried a pair of these in a shop at the weekend and was very impressed the only reason I didn't buy was because I couldn't decide how tough they were but think I will have another look, cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE